The Office of Study Abroad & International Experiences can assist you in selecting a program to suit your academic needs, personal and professional goals. In addition to reciprocal enrollment and direct-enroll exchange opportunities through the UMass Lowell partner universities and the UMass Lowell faculty-led seminars abroad, the following education abroad organizations offer partner-led programs, thereby expanding study abroad opportunities available to UMass Lowell students.
Partner-led programs offer a streamlined study abroad experience by bundling accommodations, immersive cultural activities as well enrollment at a university or study center abroad into one inclusive "package". Partner-led programs offer additional support from trained staff leading up to the experience, upon arrival and throughout completion. This includes orientations, meet-ups/check-ins and 24-7 emergency support and international health insurance. Students are enrolled within a cohort of other U.S. study abroad students attending the abroad program through the Partner. Through this, life-long friends and networks are made. Partner-led programs offer additional scholarships and students are able to use their financial aid package towards the cost of the experience.
To search the Partner-led programs featured for UML students use our searchable directory.
To view all the programs offered by each partner, search through their websites, below.
- Academic Programs International (API)
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- Academic Studies Abroad (ASA)
- CIEE study abroad
- International Studies Abroad (ISA by WorldStrides)
- School for International Training, SIT Study Abroad
- Study in Portugal Network (SiPN)
- The School for Field Studies (SFS)
- The Education Abroad Network (TEAN by WorldStrides)
- University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC)