UML is committed to closing the educational equity gap and lowering barriers to higher education. We work in collaboration with community-based organizations (CBOs) to advance accessible education for all students in areas of college preparedness, affordability, student success, and empowering students to achieve their goals and aspirations.
The College Access & Success initiative consists of three major components:
College Access: Pre-College Connections
- Connect with UML: student-led tours to visit classrooms, residence and dining halls, faculty/staff presentations, student panels, and an introduction to an array of resources are available. Interested high schools and youth programs can start their virtual exploration and register for an on-campus Admissions tour.
- Chat with a UML student or peer mentor on what to expect, how to navigate campus in your first week, or ways to get involved.
- Connect with key campus partners along each step to help you start the college preparation process and to answer any questions.
College Success: Transition
- Engage with our office through UML Welcome Days, our summer activities lineup and optional meet and greets
- Attend one or more E&I onboarding experiences prior to start of new term:
- Student Success Summit (fall and winter)
- First to Launch Summer Program
- Complete FERPA authorization allowing UML to share information about academic progress with CAP/CBO counselor
College Success: Student Cohorts and Pathways
- Academic skills and college preparation is provided through group study, tutoring, and supplemental instruction
- Students build their campus networks to participate in campus engagement, service, and leadership activities
- Dedicated success coaches and advisors are provided to help troubleshoot or answer questions. Common support topics: college transition, goal mapping, and academic, personal, and professional development
- Aid in annual renewal of financial aid applications (FAFSA) and financial literacy support for families and students
- Aid in obtaining student employment, internships, career connected work experiences, summer opportunities, and support in developing a professional resumé before graduation
- Create long-lasting connections with your scholars and program cohort
College Access organizations represent a diverse group of enrollment programs that in partnership with UML prepare students to succeed in college and continue to provide support to their program alumni while enrolled at UML. If your organization is interested in becoming a UML College Access Program partner, please call 978-934-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to learn more.