Daily campus tours run throughout the year to give you and your guests a comprehensive look at the University. Tours are guided by our UMass Lowell Student Tour Guides and last approximately one hour for South and an hour and a half for North & East campus.
Which Tour is For You?
Tours are organized around your academic focus, so please make sure that you sign up for the tour that most accurately matches your academic interests.
South Campus Tour
UMass Lowell South tours are for students interested in our Humanities, Social Sciences, Music*, Art or Health Science programs. Students who are undecided or intend to come in as Undeclared students will still still benefit from a South tour. UMass Lowell South tours leave from the McGauvran Student Center, third floor, room 318, on UMass Lowell's South Campus.
* In addition to our general South Campus tour, the Sound Recording Technology department gives specialized tours of that area. Please call 978-934-3850 for more information. Reservations for a Sound Recording Technology tour must be made with at least two days notice.
North Campus Tour
UMass Lowell North tours are for students interested in our Business, Engineering or Science programs. The North tour will also provide access to The Mark & Elisia Saab Center Emerging Technologies and Innovation Center, tour diverse classroom and lecture hall environments, visit multiple dining options, and view hands-on labs for academic exploration. UMass Lowell North Campus tours will leave from our University Crossing, Admissions Welcome Center, located on the 4th floor, suite 420.
East Campus Tour
UMass Lowell East tours showcase our residential campus, with a variety of living options. This one hour walking tour will take our visitors into Leitch Hall, for Honors freshman; Fox Hall for Freshman Living Learning Communities; and University Suites, and brand new residence hall for upper classmen and residential athletes. This tour also brings guests through our All-You-Care-to-Eat Dining Commons and our Campus Recreation Center. UMass Lowell East Campus tours will leave from our University Crossing, Admissions Welcome Center, located on the 4th floor, Suite 420.
Scheduling a Tour
- Check our tour schedule.
- Make your tour reservation online or call the Admissions Office at 978-934-3931. We ask that you make a tour reservation at least 12 hours ahead of time.
- Tour confirmations will be sent via e-mail by the end of the following business day.
- Parking is available for all visitors attending a tour at the following GPS locations:
- South Campus Tour: Wilder Street Lot, 90 Wilder Street , Lowell, MA 01854
- North/East Campus Tour: University Crossing, Salem St. Lot, 220 Pawtucket Street, Lowell, MA 01854.
- Please print your Check-In and Parking Pass, sent via email, prior to arriving on campus.
If the university is closed due to weather, all tours are canceled. To find out if the university is closed, please call 978-934-2121.
Group tours of UMass Lowell allow college transfer students and high school students a chance to see UMass Lowell with their current classmates. We are happy to assist groups from both schools and organizations. Please contact us at email@example.com with your preferred date, tour start time, number of students, and preferred campus to set up a tour today!
Want to get a feel for campus but can't come on a campus tour? Check out our virtual tour below, or even better - take our self-guided tour
while on campus. Navigate the campus and learn about our unique programs and culture through the use of the GPS-enabled campus map, student videos and photos.