UMass Lowell continues to grow in size and reputation, and managing parking inventory is essential in maintaining a fair and equitable system is critical.
The university's Parking Committee, comprised of representatives from a cross-section of campus, carefully considered and adopted a number of policy change recommendations for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Summary of Policy Changes
For the 2017-2018 Academic Year:
- North: The Cumnock Designated parking program will be permanently ended on Dec. 31, 2017 due to construction to Perry and Cumnock Hall. The visitor parking spaces will remain.
- South: There are no changes to the parking lot assignments on South Campus.
- East: The new Hall Street Garage will open on Aug. 20, but will only be available for the student residents living in River Hawk Village. Additionally, a new parking lot on Lawrence Drive will open and will have approximately 10-12 parking spaces available to faculty/staff where signed.
Parking Rates for the 2017-2018 academic year are as follows:
- Cabinet Parking - $1300/year*
- Cumnock Designated - $1300year*
- Wannalancit Preferred - $650/year*
- Department Chairs - $350/year*
- Benefited Faculty/Staff - $350/year*
- Non-Benefited Staff - $175/year*
- Adjunct Faculty - $80/year*
*Benefited employees and adjunct faculty are required to enroll in a pre-tax payroll deduction. This is deducted each pay period that the faculty/staff member is paid.