The UMass Lowell LGBTQ+ Faculty / Staff Network is an employee resource group designed to assist the University in achieving its strategic goals to foster an inclusive, open, and supportive campus community for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and allied people.
In collaboration with the University’s Equal Opportunity Office and the Global Engagement Committee, the LGBTQ+ Faculty/Staff Network will assist the University identifying and suggesting alternatives to address the needs of the LGBTQ+ faculty/staff population.
- Provide a safe space for personal and professional networking for UMass Lowell LGBTQ+ employees
- Provide a safe space for the discussion and support of guidelines that impact LGBTQ+ UMass Lowell employees.
- Provide opportunities for social events designed to build community among LGBTQ+ Faculty/Staff.
- Support UMass Lowell’s commitment to inclusion and diversity by providing resources for recruitment, outreach, retention, and diversity education on LGBTQ+ issues.
- Assist with onboarding efforts and initiatives for LGBTQ+ employees.
- Develop and maintain relationships with LGBTQ+ organizations in the Lowell community.
We invite you to join the LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group! For more information please contact Clara I. Orlando at 978-934-3565.