Departments providing services remotely. Building access limited. Check uml.edu/alert for more info.
Updated March 25, 2020
Thank you for your continued patience as we continue to adjust to this evolving situation as we work to support our students during this unprecedented time.
Please see the latest information on financial adjustments.
Please Read Carefully: In order to support social distancing, facilitate access to dining in Fox Hall, and to be able to continue to support residents with already stretched thin resources some students will be required to relocate.
• We plan to consolidate all students living on campus into the following residence halls: University Suites, River Hawk Village, Donahue Hall, and Riverview Suites West.
• This will allow us to maximize our resources, have students residing closer to dining services, and have students living in units with bathrooms.
• In order to support social distancing, we will be reassigning students so only one student is assigned to each bedroom. Students will be relocated within the same apartment or suite if possible.
We are working as quickly as possible to finalize our relocation schedule. We will begin relocating the students in the residence halls listed below first. If you live in a residence hall listed below, you will receive an update from us on Friday, March 27 with the detailed timeline for your move.
Residents who are relocating to another room/building will be notified by Residence Life of their relocation time block via their student email account. If students are unable to move during their assigned time block they should contact the Area Coordinator or Resident Director of their current resident hall or email the Office of Residence Life at ResLife@uml.edu.
• Visit UML Transportation for on-call schedule.
• Students may use UML Transportation to move limited essential belongings. Please note that the shuttle will only be able to wait briefly at a stop and the driver will not be able to assist with moving of items.
• Parking: During the relocation period, the gates to the Fox lot, East Campus Garage, and Riverview Suites lots will be raised. Students who have an ICC or South Campus parking pass will automatically have their parking access switched to East Campus. After the relocation period, students who do not have a parking pass, and wish to park on campus, may obtain a parking pass at: myparking.uml.edu.
• Storage of Belongings in current assignment:
Our Facilities staff take great care in cleaning our student rooms. As the deep cleaning process takes approximately 12 hours to complete, we appreciate your cooperation as we relocate students to our suites and apartments on East campus. The cleaning process includes:
We continue to evaluate the availability of summer 2020 housing and will notify students when decisions have been made.
In case of emergency please contact UMLPD at 978-934-2911.
If you require non-emergency assistance, please contact the Residence Life on-call staff numbers posted throughout your residence hall.
The mission of the Office of Residence Life is to provide a living-learning environment that promotes personal and academic success. We strive to create safe, positive, and interactive residential communities that celebrate individual differences and help our students become engaged community members.
The Office of Residence Life works to cultivate an inclusive community that encourages self-awareness and embraces all expression of identities. Our staff are committed to welcoming all our student scholars into our residence halls – including, but not limited to: people of all abilities, ages, ethnicities, genders, gender expressions, ideologies, national origins, races, religions, sexes, sexual orientations, socio-economic statuses, and veteran status.
Residential Beds on Campus
Students Participating in Living Learning Communities
Engaging Living Learning Communities
First Year Students Live on Campus
Student Programs Provided Annually
Faculty / Staff Involved in Residential Communities