Here are a few things any aspiring ally can do!
- Attend one of our Training sessions or Workshops
- Add your pronouns to your email signature/business card. Learn more about pronouns and their importance!
- Sign up for the Out and Ally list
- Commit to using inclusive language
- Stop by the LGBTQ+ Resource Center and pick up some swag to promote the visibility of the center and the LGBTQ+ community on campus!
- If planning an event on campus relevant to the LGBTQ+ community, be sure to tag it as such in 25Live
- Follow (and share!) our social media
Additional recommendations for Faculty
- Be sure to use the "Preferred Name" list for your class rosters
- Consider asking for the personal pronouns of all students during class introductions
- Include LGBTQ+ contributors to your subject in your class material
- Include an affirming statement and information on the LGBTQ+ Resource Center in your syllabus