Faculty: The staff of Disability Services acts as liaisons between students with disabilities and their faculty members. If a faculty member has a concern regarding classroom or teaching accommodations, we urge them to discuss the concern with Disability Services staff immediately. Disability Services staff will review the concern against the mandates of the Americans with Disabilities Act to determine how the concern might be resolved.
Student: If you do not believe that your needs are being adequately or appropriately met, you are encouraged to meet with a representative from Disability Services. They will work with you on a case-by-case basis to attempt to resolve your concerns when feasible within the limits established by law for the provision of reasonable accommodations. If you have a concern or complaint that your rigihts under the Americans with Disability Act have not been met, you may contact Section 504/ADA Coordinators.
Sections 504 / ADA Coordinators
- Clara I Reynolds - Director, Equal Opportunity and Outreach, Phone: 978-934-3565
- Donna Vieweg - Deputy 504/ADA Coordinator, Sr. EOO Employment Specialist, Phone: 978-934-3566
- Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and Outreach, Wannalancit Building, 3rd Floor, 600 Suffolk Street, Lowell, MA 01854
- U.S. Department of Education - Office for Civil Rights, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, Phone: 617-289-0111, TTY: 800-877-8339, email: OCR.Boston@ed.gov
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - John F. Kennedy Federal Bldg., 475 Government Center, Boston, MA 02203, Phone: 800-669-4000, TTY: 800-669-6820
Inquiries regarding state laws may be directed to:
- Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination - 436 Dwight Street, Room 220, Springfield, MA 01103, Phone: 413-739-2145
Please read the: Reasonable Accommodations (pdf) document.