Become a Nurse Practitioner
The online Nursing Master's program at UMass Lowell prepares the advanced practice nurse to:
- Provide health care to diverse populations
- Demonstrate professional leadership roles
Graduates of the master's program are prepared to:
- Practice in the advanced nursing role of the specialty
- Collaborate with individuals, families, peers and other professionals
- Effectively demonstrate leadership in the profession
Two Specialty Tracks
Our practica and courses prepare nurse practitioner students to sit for the Family Nurse Practitioner certification exam and the Adult-Gerontological Nurse primary care exam with AANP or ANCC. We do not prepare NPs to sit for acute care, women’s health or pediatric certification exam.
For further information about nurse practitioner licensure, accreditation, certification and education, please read the Consensus Model for APRN Regulation: Licensure, Accreditation, Certification & Education.