- Travel Expense Policy, UMass Lowell
All UML business-related travel, domestic and international, must be registered in the Travel Registry.
- Domestic travel should be registered at least 2 weeks prior to travel. Appropriate department approvals are required.
- International travel should be registered at least 1 month prior to travel. In addition to your appropriate department approvals, International_Travel@uml.edu must also be requested as an approver.
- Study-abroad students should contact the Office of Study Abroad, firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-934-4660.
- International students and scholars on a UMass Lowell visa sponsorship should review all related information about travel and consult with the ISSO.
Resources for International Travel
International Emergency Travel Insurance Coverage
UMass students, faculty and staff traveling abroad on university-related travel are covered by the International Emergency Travel Insurance Policy with ISOS purchased by the UMass system. This coverage is intended to provide the first line of service and protection to the university’s travelers for emergency or medically urgent situations abroad.
Please note that Emergency International Travel Insurance coverage provided by UMass does not cover evacuation or other accommodations due to disruption to travel plans resulting from a pandemic. Coverage does include medical expenses resulting from the treatment of COVID-19 but does not extend to losses for travel and accommodation expenses. Please see:
- ISOS Member Portal
- Why Should I Call ISOS? An overview of services (pdf)
- ISOS Emotional Support Services (pdf)