In the Sociology Department, we create an environment where our students can thrive and succeed. Below current students can find links to resources that will help guide them throughout their university experience as a sociology major.
Sociology Related Information
- Stay updated with current stories by liking the Sociology Department on Facebook.
- American Sociological Association - (ASA) Provides information related to the field of sociology, current sociological research, and job search engines related to Sociology.
- Alpha Kappa Delta - Sociology majors can be inducted into the International Sociology Honor Society once they are in their junior year and achieve a G.P.A. of 3.0 in sociology classes and an overall G.P.A. of 3.3.
- Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology - "Using Sociological knowledge to promote beneficial social change" Find out more about the field of applied sociology and how studying sociology can change the world for the better.
- Sociological Images - A blog that discusses Sociology and telling people's stories through the use of photography.
Academic Support Services
- CLASS - Centers for Learning and Academic Support
- The Writing Center - One-on-one writing tutoring
- Student Disability Services- Accommodations for documented disabilities
- Career Services and Cooperative Education- Resume help, interview preparation, internship and employment search
- What Can I do with a Sociology Major? See examples of careers in sociology.
- Careers in Sociology - See where alumni are working or attending graduate school.
Contact the chair Mignon Duffy about advising and your sociology adviser: Mignon_Duffy@uml.edu
Student Support and Wellness
- Health Services - Provides diagnosis and treatment of illnesses. There is no fee for any care given at Health Services.
- Counseling Services - Confidential individual counseling, crisis intervention, psychiatric services, and alcohol/drug counseling.
- Veterans Services - Serves veterans, reservists, and all active duty military students.
- Campus Safety and Police:
- Emergency contact: 978-934-4911
- Non-emergency contact: 978-934-2398