International Trade, Labor Economics
International trade, health economics, and labor economics.
Effects of international trade on the labor market, and occupational health.
- Ph D: Economics, (2011), Vanderbilt University - Nashville, TN
Dissertation/Thesis Title: Three Essays on International Trade and Labor Market Outcomes
- BA: Philosophy, (2001), Universita di Firenze - Firenze, Italy
Please see Personal Website for more updated information.
- Moro, A., Tello-Trillo, S., Tempesti, T. (2019). The Impact of Obesity on Wages: the Role of Personal Interactions and Job Selection. LABOUR, 33(2) 125--146.
- Sabbath, E.L., Williams, J.A., Boden, L.I., Tempesti, T., Wagner, G.R., Hopcia, K., Hashimoto, D., Sorensen, G. (2018). Mental Health Expenditures: Association with Workplace Incivility and Bullying Among Hospital Patient Care Workers. Journal of occupational and environmental medicine.
- Tempesti, T. (2016). A Note on Wage Regressions and Benefits (36:3 pp. 1580-1594). Economics Bulletin
- Lahiri, S., Tempesti, T., Gangopadhyay, S. (2016). Is There an Economic Case for Training Intervention in the Manual Material Handling Sector of Developing Countries? Journal of occupational and environmental medicine / American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 58(2) 211-214.
- Tempesti, T. (2016). Offshoring and the Skill-premium: Evidence from Individual Workers’ Data. World Economy, 39(10) 1628-1652.
- Tempesti, T. (2015). Offshoring and the Skill‐premium: Evidence from Individual Workers’ Data. The World Economy.
- Galizzi, M., Tempesti, T. (2015). Workers’ Risk Tolerance and Occupational Injuries. Risk Analysis, 35(10) 1858-1875.
- Tempesti, T., Barkin, S., Gesell, S., Po'e, E., Escarfuller, J. (2012). Culturally Tailored, Family-Centered, Behavioral Obesity Intervention for Latino-American Preschool-aged Children. Pediatrics, 130(3) 445-456.
- Po'e, E.K., Neureiter, C., Escarfuller, J., Gesell, S.B., Tempesti, T., Widman, P., Barkin, S.L. (2012). Systematic Exposure to Recreation Centers Increases use by Latino Families with Young Children. Childhood Obesity, 8(2) 116-123.
- Graduate Research Day, - Vanderbilt University, Tennessee
- Eastern Economics Association, March 2012 - Boston, MA
- Southern Economics Association Conference, April 2011 - University of Notre Dame, Indiana
- International Trade Seminar Workshop, 2010 - Vanderbilt University, Tennessee
- Southern Economics Association Conference, November 2010 - Atlanta
- All China Economics (ACE) International Conference, December 2009 - Hong Kong
Selected Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Dissertation Writer Fellow (2007), Fellowship - Vanderbilt University Center for Ethics
- Graduate Fellowship/Assistantship (2003), Fellowship - Vanderbilt University