What courses will you take?
With the B.S. in Mathematics, you will gain exposure to a broad array of mathematics topics while incorporating a significant amount of science coursework.
At UMass Lowell, we offer the following options, which lead to a wide range of career opportunities.
- General Option - This is the most flexible option, delivering the core mathematics degree while allowing you maximum freedom to pursue advanced mathematical topics as well as explore other disciplines. General Option courses
- Applied & Computational Mathematics Option - Gain knowledge of mathematics with applications in various other fields and practical scientific computing skills. Applied & Computational Mathematics Option courses
- Bioinformatics Option - Bioinformatics is concerned with the analysis and interpretation of biological data. In this option, you will gain understanding of the mathematics, biology, chemistry and computing required to meet the challenges of the dynamic bioinformatics field. Bioinformatics Option courses
- Business Applications Option - Gain the mathematics foundation needed for careers in economics or finance. Business Applications Option courses
- Computer Science Option - Build a mathematical foundation to prepare for careers in computer science fields. Computer Science Option courses
- Probability & Statistics Option - Prepare for careers in statistics or data science by building a strong foundation in mathematics and gaining useful skills for real-world work experience. Probability & Statistics Option courses
- Teaching Option - Deepen your mathematics pedagogical content knowledge as you complete math courses and coursework that makes explicit connections between post-secondary and secondary-level mathematics. Teaching Option courses
Visit the Academic Catalog for: