This section is dedicated to faculty and staff of the university who have developed, or might in the future develop, an innovation that may be considered intellectual property.
- Guide for Inventors: A step-by-step guide for those who have a new invention
- Forms: Links to common documents needed by inventors
- Policies: Links to the University's policies on intellectual property, consulting, and conflict of interest
- Patent Laws: Presentations of the current U.S. and European laws, and links to additional resources
- FAQ: Frequently asked Questions on intellectual property and offices processes
- Non-Disclosure Agreements: FAQs and additional information
Additionally, here are couple of helpful links from the Office of Technology Commercialization & Ventures at the UMass President's office website:
We hope you find these resources useful to help you engage in the invention and commercialization process as part of your career at UMass Lowell.
- UMass Venture Development Center: "Release the Gusher"; Economic Impact of the Global EIR Program in Massachusetts
Note: Please view our handout explaining the dangers of public disclosure of your inventions (pdf).
Understanding the Technology Transfer Process
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.