This section is dedicated to faculty and staff of the university who have developed, or might in the future develop, an innovation that may be considered intellectual property.
- Guide for Inventors: A step-by-step guide for those who have a new invention
- Forms: Links to common documents needed by inventors
- Policies: Links to the University's policies on intellectual property, consulting, and conflict of interest
- Patent Laws: Presentations of the current U.S. and European laws, and links to additional resources
- FAQ: Frequently asked Questions on intellectual property and offices processes
- Non-Disclosure Agreements(doc): FAQs and additional information
- A Quick Guide to Software Licensing for the Scientist-Programmer (pdf)
Additionally, here are couple of helpful links from the Office of Technology Commercialization & Ventures at the UMass President's office website:
We hope you find these resources useful to help you engage in the invention and commercialization process as part of your career at UMass Lowell.
- UMass Venture Development Center: "Release the Gusher"; Economic Impact of the Global EIR Program in Massachusetts
Note: Please view our handout explaining the dangers of public disclosure of your inventions (pdf).
Understanding the Technology Transfer Process
- Visit Fuentek to view "The Road to Technology Transfer" infographic to better understand the technology transfer process.