University Research Centers are highly regarded for interdisciplinary research that makes an impact on society.
- Center for Advanced Manufacturing of Polymers and Soft Materials
- Center for Advanced Materials
- Center for Asian American Studies
- Center for Energy Innovation
- Center for Population Health
- Center for Program Evaluation
- Center for the Promotion of Health in the New England Workplace
- Center for Terrorism & Security Studies
- Center for Women & Work
- Climate Change Initiative
- Lowell Center for Space Science & Technology
- New England Robotics Validation & Experimentation Center
- Raytheon-UMass Lowell Research Institute
UMass Lowell Engagement Centers make a significant impact on the community or world through research and education initiatives.
Seed Centers show great promise to become university research or engagement centers.
- Center of Biomedical and Health Research in Data Sciences (CHORDS)
- Center for Pathogen Research and Training (CPRT)
- Center for Smart Cyber-Physical Systems (SCyPS)
- Donahue Center for Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Massachusetts Biomanufacturing Center
- Radiation Laboratory
- UMass Movement Research Center (UMOVE)