Please note, there are also a few limitations of using VMware Horizon View HTML Access client instead of the VMware Horizon View client. The limitations are as follows:
- Audio will not work if using the HTML access client
- USB access and redirection is not supported
- You cannot transfer clipboard contents from the client system and the View desktop
- The mouse pointer may not change. For example, when highlighting text, the pointer will not change into a cursor. Also, when placing your mouse over a hyperlink, it will not change to a hand to denote it is clickable.
- There are many keyboard shortcuts that do not work in the View client
- Control + T
- Control + W
- Control + N
- Windows key combinations
- Command key (For OSX)
- Alt + Enter
- Control + Alt + <any key>
- Caps Lock + <a modifier key>
- Control + Alt + Delete will not work, you must use the “Send Ctrl+Alt+Delete” button from the drop-down menu in the client menu bar
If you need or want any of these features, UMass Lowell IT recommends using the VMware Horizon View Client. Documentation is available for installing the client specific to your operating system on the UMass Lowell IT vLabs website.