Sync Your Mobile Device
All UMass Lowell student mailboxes are hosted on Outlook Live. To configure your mobile device, please visit http://help.outlook.com and select Mobile Phones.
Since all UMass Lowell employee mailboxes are stored on the campus-hosted Microsoft Exchange server, you can synchronize your email, contacts, and calendar with your smartphone or other mobile device. Before configuring your device to sync with Exchange, it’s highly recommended you have a good cell phone signal.
ActiveSync – General Settings
The following settings are applicable to any device that supports ActiveSync to Exchange, although the order in which you are prompted to provide these settings will vary across devices and versions.
- Username is your full UMass Lowell Email Address
- Password is your UMass Lowell Email Password
- Domain is fs.uml.edu
- Server is exchange.uml.edu
- Use SSL should be on or selected
- S/MIME should be off or not selected
Apple iOS Devices
The settings outlined on this page may vary slightly across devices and versions, but these instructions should be generally applicable to all users of the iOS (iPhones/iPads/iPod Touch)
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
Complete the following:
- Email – your full UMass Lowell email address
- Server – exchange.uml.edu
- Domain – fs.uml.edu
- Username – your full UMass Lowell email address
- Password – your password to your UMass Lowell email account
- Description – Type the name your Exchange account will have on your device in the Description field. If you have more than one email account configured, the name will be displayed in a list format. Example: UML Exchange, UML Email
- Tap Next to continue.
- Your device will attempt to connect to the UMass Lowell Exchange server with the information you entered. If it’s successful, it will take a few minutes to synchronize your device and the Exchange server. When it’s done, your most recent email, calendar items, and your Exchange Contacts will be viewable on your device.
- To configure settings for the account you just created:
Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars> and then tap the account you just created.
- Ensure the switches for Mail, Contacts, Contacts, Calendars are all turned on
- Mail Days to Sync – 1 Week
- Mail Folders to Push – Inbox + any folder you want to synch
These instructions might vary slightly across devices and versions, but are expected to be helpful to all users of the Android OS.
- Open Mail.
- Choose Corporate.
- Enter your full UMass Lowell Email Address and your Email Account password. Then click Next.
- Enter the Domain as fs.uml.edu. Your login name and password should automatically populate and the Exchange server address will be exchange.uml.edu.
- Check Use Secure Connection and Accept All SSL Certificates, then press Next.
- Set your preferences, such as Push, Amount To Sync, Notifications, Sync Contacts, Sync Calendar, Sync Calendar Amount.
- Click Next.
- Name the account to distinguish between multiple accounts.
- Press Done.
Configuring Your Mobile Device for IMAP
- Incoming IMAP Server: exchange.uml.edu
- Incoming Server Username: full UMass Lowell Email Address
- Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.uml.edu
- Incoming Server Port: 993
- Incoming Server Connection Security: SSL
- Outgoing SMTP Server Port: 587
- Outgoing SMTP Username: full UMass Lowell Email Address