Skip to Main Content


Employment Information for F-1 or J-1 students

The International Student and Scholars Office assists with specialized off-campus work authorization, including Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Pre-, Post- and STEM-Optional Practical Training (OPT) applications. ISSO advises on H-1B, O-1, TN, Permanent Residency and other work-related visa categories.

Prior to applying for F-1 CPT, OPT, or 24-Month STEM Extension, please listen to the presentation by an ISSO Advisor:

Please click through the links below to obtain more specific information. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.