Cambodian Literature & Culture, Genocide & Survivor Literature
- Ph D: Southeast Asian Languages and Cultures, (2002), University of London SOAS - London, United Kingdom
- MA: Asian Studies, (1997), Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
- Other: Multicultural Education, (1989), University of Massachusetts Amherst - Amherst, MA
- BA: Classical Studies, (1980), Tufts University - Medford, MA
Senior Lecturer in Asian Studies
Coordinator of Bachelor of Liberal Arts Program
Coordinator of the Asian Studies Minor
Director of International Partnerships for Cambodia
- Chigas, G. (2005) "Cambodia,"
- Chigas, G. (2000) "A Litmus Test for Hun Sen," The Bangkok Post March 21
- Chigas, G. (2000) "Cornering the Khmer Rouge," The Bangkok Post March 19
- Chigas, G. (2000) "The Politics of Defining Justice After the Cambodian Genocide," Journal of Genocide Research 2: pp. 245-265
- Chigas, G. (2000) "The Trial of the Khmer Rouge: The Role of the Tuel Sleng and Santebal Archives," Harvard Asia Quarterly 4:1
- Chigas, G. (1999) "A review of Cambodian Shadow Theater by Pech Tum Kravel," Journal of Southeast Asian Studies Fall
- Chigas, G. (1999) "Cambodian Survival Literature: Questions of Definition," The Bridge Review 2:
- Chigas, G., Cook, D.S. (1999) "Putting the Khmer Rouge on Trial," The Bangkok Post October 31
- Chigas, G. (1999) "The Emergence of Twentieth Century Cambodian Literary Institutions,"
- Chigas, G. (1999) "Three Brothers,"
- Chigas, G. (1994) "Resolute Heart: Selected Writing From Lowell s Cambodian Community,"
- Chigas, G. (1992) "Wind and Rain; Dreaming of Sugar Cane; and Waiting for E.S.L. Class,"
- Chigas, G. (1991) "Cambodia s Lament,"
- Chigas, G. (1988) "Chanthy s Garden,"