Skip to Main Content

How Do I Apply?

The Declaration of Intent to Graduate (DIG) deadlines are:

  • Nov. 6, 2017 for Undergraduates
  • March 30, 2018 for Graduate students
  • May 4, 2018 for doctoral candidates to submit their dissertations to library

Undergraduate students need to submit a Declaration of Intent to Graduate (DIG) form to their college dean's office. Please note, that seniors who complete graduation requirements but do not submit this form in a timely manner are advised that it will impact when they will be eligible to receive their diploma and their names may not be printed in the 2018 Commencement booklet. 

Online and Continuing Education undergraduate students need to submit a Declaration of Intent to Graduate (DIG) form. Instructions and copies of the form are available on the Continuing Education website.

International students on either F-1 or J-1 student status who are completing their academic program in spring 2017 should schedule an appointment with the International Students & Scholars Office  978-934-2383 or See more information on inviting family members.

Once we have received your DIG form, your name will appear on the Registrar's Office website.

Master's and doctoral students must file a Declaration of Intent to Graduate Form (pdf) with the Registrar's Office AFTER obtaining their graduate coordinator's signature. The Registrar's Office will verify course credit, grade and GPA requirements, and submission of thesis/dissertation (if applicable) prior to the awarding the degree.

Financial Aid

If you are a senior or a graduate student graduating this semester, and have borrowed from one of the various student loan programs, it is important you understand the responsibilities and obligations as a student loan borrower. The more informed you are now, the more prepared you will be in the future. Federal Regulations require you to participate in an online Loan Exit Counseling which provides important information to prepare you to repay your federal student loan(s).

In order to fulfill the online Loan Exit Counseling requirement, you will need an FSA ID. Your FSA ID will also allow you to access various websites including; the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and Direct Loan Consolidation. If you do not have or do not remember your FSA ID, you can create or reset yours here

You must first review the Exit Counseling information for your loans, and then you will be directed to take a quiz. Your quiz results will be electronically sent to The Solution Center. Your Loan Exit Counseling requirement is not considered complete until you have completed and passed the quiz.

To access the online Loan Exit Counseling and/or obtain an FSA ID, please visit Student Loan website.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact The Solution Center.

Perkins Loan Exit Counseling 

Exit material will be sent to you via certified mail to your current address in SiS.  Please verify that this address information is correct.  An Exit Interview service indicator will be been placed on your account.  This service indicator will not permit you to enroll in future classes here or receive transcripts until such time as you have completed and returned this exit packet. Please note: This exit CANNOT be completed on line. If you have any questions or need assistance with the Perkins Exit Interview process, contact Student Financial Services.


Students with financial holds on their account may participate in graduation; however, diplomas will be released only to students who have been financially cleared. Please check your SiS account for information on any possible holds.

If you have any questions or need assistance with the Perkins Exit Interview process, please contact Student Financial Services at