Undergraduate students may file an academic petition they believe they deserve redress or exception to university rules, regulations, or policies regarding academic affairs that is posted in the catalog, such as extension of incomplete grade, choice of catalog, allowing for heavier course load and degree requirements. The completed form with all relevant facts and supporting evidence is submitted to the college dean for recommendation. Students will need to include all documents and email communications from advisors, faculty, department chairs and administrators. The dean forwards the petition and recommendation to the Office of the Registrar, who then reviews the petition in consultation with the Office of the Provost for a decision.