For the safety of our students and the rest of our community, Student Disability Services will be offering virtual appointments as well as in-person meetings. SDS is an appointment based service. Students must call or log onto Accommodate to book an appointment. Walk-ins will not be seen.
Students: Our staff will continue to respond to scheduled appointment requests in Accommodate.
Faculty: Please see the Blackboard test instructions on how to provide access for extended time accommodations.
To receive accommodations, a student needs to be fully registered with our office. If you have a documented disability and would like to register for Academic Accommodations, please have your documentation required ready for uploading and follow these instructions:
- Complete the Public Accommodation online Request Form. Please note that you will need your UMass Lowell student email and password to log into the system. This form must be filled out by the student, otherwise it will be rejected, delaying the application process and students will be asked to fill out the form again.
- Upload your documentation to your completed Public Accommodation online Request Form. You can view the types of documentation we accept.
- Once this process is complete, you will need to check your UMass Lowell email account for notification of when you can book an Intake Appointment with our office. Intake appointments can be scheduled once both the Public Accommodation Request and the documentation have been reviewed by our team of specialists. During this one on one meeting, our staff and student work together to establish an accommodation plan to help students access the curriculum. Meetings are private and confidential.
To speak to a staff member at Disability Services, please email: email@example.com. Or call us during business hours at 978-934-4574.
- Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. EDT
- Friday 9:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. EDT
When emailing or leaving a voicemail please include your name, student ID number and a phone number that is best to reach you.