Skip to Main Content
Current CMINDS Ph.D. Students
- Kim Minsuk (Ph.D. student, Computer Engineering (Distributed Intelligent Multi-agent Machine Learning, Systems, Battlefield, Homeland Security)
- Elasri Younes (Ph.D. student, Electrical Engineering (Radar Data analytics and Processing)
- Julie Blumenthal, Ph.D. student, Computer Science (Bio-imaging, Signal processing, Analytics and Machine Learning to plant disease prediction)
- Thomas Calloway, Ph.D. student, Computer Engineering (Robotics, Computer Vision and Machine Intelligence)
- Yaloling Hu, Ph.D. student, Computer Engineering (3D Vision and Object Recognition)
- Guillermo Alonso, Ph.D. student, Electrical Engineering (Distributed “Big Data” Image Automatic Annotation and Retrieval)
- Haixin Hu, Ph.D. student, Computer Engineering (Distributed Networked Multi-agent Systems in a Time-varying Dynamic Environment)
- Iman Vakil, Ph.D. student, Computer Engineering (3D Image Fusion (Air Force Research Lab)
- Othmane Habboule, Ph.D. student, Electrical Engineering (Machine vision, image security.
Current CMINDS MS Thesis Students:
- Brian Soper, MS thesis, Computer Engineering (Machine Learning, Biomedical)
- Amanda Thomas, MS Thesis, Computer Engineering (Facial Recognition)
- Avantikha Gauyal, MS Thesis, Computer Engineering (Distributed Data Retrieval)
- Paul Beaulieux, MS thesis, Computer Engineering (Object Representation and Recognition)
- Dana Pyburn, MS, Physics (Radar Image Processing)
Current CMINDS Undergraduate Students
- John DiZoglio, UG, BS, Computer Engineering (Image Processing)
CMINDS Ph.D. Student Alumni
- Raju Pandeti, December 2005. Dissertation: ”A Novel Technique For Document Filtering and Delivery for A Pervasive Computing Model Using Selective Dissemination of Information”
- Yohannes Iyassu, June 2006. Dissertation: ”Fingerprints and hand-Written/Printed Characters Processing Methods For Recognition Via Multi-Stage Self Organized Learning in A Distributed Computing Environment”
- Hani Al-Daya, June 2006. Dissertation: ”Theorization, Implementation, System Architecture, and Analysis of Fast Reinforcement Learning Techniques, With Application To Autonomous Agents”
- Carlos Bejar. June 2007. Dissertation: ”A Generalized Multi-Sensor 3D Image Registration And Data Fusion Method Using The Multi-Resolution Approach”
- S. Elshoura, March 2011. Dissertation: “Analysis, Design, and Implementation of A New Transparent High Capacity Digital Information Hiding Scheme Via Tchebichef Moments with Application to Homeland Security”
- Helal Saghir, April 2015. Dissertation: "Big Data Biology-Based Predictive Models for Metagenomics Binning"
CMINDS MS (Thesis) Student Alumni
- Ahmed Teirelbar, May 2001. Thesis: “A Machine Reinforcement Learning Technique for Multi-Agent Obstacle Avoidance Path Planning and Navigation”
- Yohannes Iyassu, May 2001, Thesis: “A Technique for Hand-Written Signature Recognition”.
- R. Venkataramanan, May 2002. Thesis: “A Distributed Face Recognition Technique”.
- Murgesh Naidu, June 2002. Thesis: “ A Distributed Shape and Index –Based Image Data Retrieval Technique Using a Hybrid Semi-Dynamic Hash Scheme”.
- Emrah Kostem, June 2004. Thesis “ A Computational Method for Genomic Sequence Analysis”
- Yi Miao, June 2004. Thesis “A Distributed Correlation method for Facial Expressions and Features Recognition”
- Himabindu Hebbare, June 2004. Thesis “Graphical Representation for Geographically Distributed Multi-Sensor Ladar Image 3-D Fusion and registration”
- Chanarith Vanthin, June 2004, Thesis: “A Baysian Learning Technique for Exploring Re-emptive Loads Through I/O Devices: The Mouse Pointer Case Study”
- Yu Hong, June 2004, Thesis: “An Investigative Study and Analysis of Crystal Structure Classification Using 3-D Image Reconstruction Techniques”
- John Thomas, June 2005. Thesis: “FPGA-Based Real-Time Embedded and Reconfigurable Ladar Scanning and Dynamic Correction During Video Acquisition of Non-Standard Frames With Arbitrary Sizes”
- Philpe Sliney II, June 2005. Thesis: “An FPGA Based Multi-Spectrum Data Fusion and Image Processing Method With Application to Embedded Ladar Imaging”
- Soumitra Rastogi, December 2005. Thesis: “ A Novel Face Recognition System Using the Binary Phase-Only Filter Via Optimal Correlation Thresholding With Minimal False Positives”
- Krishma Dutia, December 2005. Thesis: “A Method for Analysis of Mutations in HIV's and SARS Viruses and For Homologous Proteins Structure Characterization”
- Ian Sebanja, March 2010. Thesis: “Detection and Recognition of American Road Signs Via Principal Component Analysis.
- Kuldeep Goswami, August 2010. Thesis “Generalized Distributed Hardware Architecture for Fast Pattern Search in Large Databases”.
- Manan Sanghiv, January 2011. Thesis “Accurate Volume Determination of Brain MRIi Images Via A Dynamic-local-Thresholding-based Segmentation Method for Patients with Alzheimer`s Disease”.
- Manuel Madera December 2011. MS Thesis: “A Study of Interconnected Dynamical Systems and Reinforcement Learning in a Multi-agent and Distributed Environment”.
- Iliana Yoynichka, June 2013, MS Thesis, Computer Engineering, “Analysis of The Effects of Image Registration Template Selection and Partial Information Compilation of Facial Recognition Accuracy”
Graduated Undergraduate Students
- J.Imm, 2004
- Chris Magnell, 2004
- D. John, 2004
- J. Shean, 2004
- J. Quing, 2004
- J. Sameer, 2004
- S. Giovami, 2004
- Doug Geoffrey, 2004
- J. Thomas, 2005
- P. Sliney, 2005
- J. Hardin, 2005
- E. Bass, 2006
- M. Madera, 2007
- I. Voynichka, 2007
- I. Sebanja, 2008
- Brian Soper, 2011
- Mike Levine, 2011
- Keith Chamberlain, 2011