You should always report any suspected SCAM activity to the UMass Lowell Police Department. We operate 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. You may contact us by phone at 978-934-2398 or email: email@example.com.
NEVER provide the following to anyone through email or phone:
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN)
- Bank account, credit, or debit card numbers
- W-2 or 1042S information
- Passport number
- Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 information
- Form I-797 or I-94 numbers
- Your UMass Lowell ID# or Email Password
Other Important Tips:
- Your bank will never cold call you for this kind of information. If you are not expecting an email or call hang up and contact the police department as soon as possible.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) and other U.S. government agencies will NEVER contact you via email asking for personal details. If you receive such an email, do not open or respond to it as it likely contains some sort of virus or phishing attempt.
- Also, the IRS or USCIS will NEVER ask you for credit card numbers over the phone or pre-paid cards or wire transfers.
More information can be found on the UMass Lowell Immigration Resources website as well as: