Sustainability Engagement & Enrichment Development (S.E.E.D.) Fund
UMass Lowell’s S.E.E.D. Fund provides funding for projects that promote environmental sustainability and positively impact and enhance the student experience at the university. In addition, the S.E.E.D. Fund has a specific goal of supporting implementation and concept development steps for Rist DifferenceMaker student teams. The S.E.E.D. Fund supports the sustainability goals outlined in UMass Lowell’s 2020 Strategic Plan and is supported by student sustainability fees administered through a student-majority committee.
- The 2019 S.E.E.D. Fund winners are highlighted in this UMass Lowell Article: S.E.E.D. Grants Cultivate 12 New Campus Sustainability Projects
- The 2018 S.E.E.D. Fund winners are highlighted in this UMass Lowell Article: Students' Sustainability Fee Seeds 10 New Projects
- The 2017 S.E.E.D. Fund winners are highlighted in this UMass Lowell Article: Nine Sustainability Projects Share $50K S.E.E.D. Fund
A Note to Applicants
It is highly recommended that applicants attend a Sowing SEEDs workshop hosted by the Office of Sustainability to review project proposals and details prior to submission. Information for Sowing SEEDs workshops can be found on the university event calendar. Graduating seniors and graduate students are eligible and encouraged to submit applications with an undergraduate partner to oversee implementation in the fall.
The student majority committee meets weekly during the month of April to review S.E.E.D. Fund projects and is scheduled to announce awarded Friday, April 22, 2022.
- Sowing SEEDs Workshops:
- Application Submission Deadline: Friday, April 1, 2022
- Selection Committee Review Period: Monday, April 4, 2022 - Friday, April 22, 2022
- Projects Awarded: Friday, April 22, 2022