Your Campus. Your Fund. Your Say.
Sustainability Engagement & Enrichment Development (S.E.E.D.) Fund
UMass Lowell’s S.E.E.D. Fund provides funding for projects that promote environmental sustainability and positively impact and enhance the student experience at the university. The S.E.E.D. Fund supports the sustainability goals outlined in UMass Lowell’s 2020 Strategic Plan. The S.E.E.D. Fund is supported by student fees administered through a student-majority committee.
Sample S.E.E.D. Fund Projects
- Renewable energy on campus
- Energy efficiency of campus facilities
- On-campus waste reduction
- On-campus material resource reduction
- Encouragement of sustainable behaviors throughout UMass Lowell community
- Integration of sustainability in teaching, research and service
A NOTE TO APPLICANTS
It is highly recommended that applicants contact the Office of Sustainability in advance of the application deadline to review project proposals prior to submission. Projects cannot be funded if they are not supported by essential stakeholders. For instance, an applicant cannot propose to construct a green roof unless approval has been granted from the facilities group that manages that specific building.
selection-committeeS.E.E.D. Fund Selection Committee
The student majority committee meets weekly during the month of April to review S.E.E.D. Fund projects and is scheduled to announce awarded Thursday, April 30, 2020.
2020 S.E.E.D. Fund Application Timeline
- Application Submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
- Selection Committee Review Period: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 - Friday, April 24, 2020
- Projects Awarded: Thursday, April 30, 2020
Apply for the UMass Lowell S.E.E.D. Fund
SEED-Fund-ApplicationAll UMass Lowell students, faculty and staff are eligible to apply for grants up to $10,000 for campus sustainability projects. Please be sure to review application details before applying and reach out to the Office of Sustainability with any questions.