August 15-20, 2022 (Monday - Saturday)
Band camp in August is crucial for all members of the UMass Lowell Marching Band. We hold a brief camp at which three-quarters of the show, both visual and music, is taught. With several early season performances, it is important that every member make every effort to be at camp (it is mandatory for freshmen / new students / transfers).
Our first performance is Wednesday August 31 Convocation (Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell) followed by rehearsals beginning Wednesday, August 31 at 6:30 p.m. in Durgin Concert Hall. Our next performance is Monday September 5, the Labor Day Parade in Marlboro, Massachusetts.
Check your email. Changes and details will be most accurate in materials sent out. However, for perspective, here is our general schedule:
- Freshman, new members, and transfers report to the lobby of Concordia Hall, South Campus, Monday morning. Check in is at 8:15 a.m. Student staff members will be there to assist you.
- Vets: head to uniform room in Durgin Hall (8-8:25 a.m.) pick up uniform, then head to dorm.
All returning members should arrive at Concordia Hall at 8:30 a.m. All members will be housed in the dorms. The first meeting of all members will be held in the Durgin Concert Hall at 9:15 a.m. Please come prepared with instrument, small notebook, and pencil, as we will begin rehearsal shortly thereafter.
Band camp ends on Saturday at 3:30/4 p.m. Parents picking up students should meet at Durgin Hall, South Campus.
- If you own the instrument you intend to play, please bring it with you.
- If you do not own your own instrument, one will be provided by the band, if available. Email Associate Director Deb Huber at: Deb_Huber@uml.edu.
- Percussionists, be prepared with sticks/mallets; sax players, reeds, brass players valve oil/slid grease.
- The camp is free for members - meals are provided. BRING your UMass Lowell ID. It will be temporarily be coded for camp meals & camp dorm access.
- All students will need to have a marching band polo shirt (for parades). Cost is $10 bring it to camp. (vets, no need to re-purchase, this can be used year after year).
- Students are housed on campus in Concordia Hall (South) for the camp.
- Housing (bed) is provided. Bring sheets (twin XL mattress), pillows, fan, alarm clock, etc.
- Dress comfortably, and plan on both rainy and hot weather. Sunblock, bug spray, water bottle.
- Must have either Sneakers/track shoes/or marching shoes for rehearsals. (not flip-flops, sandals or boots).