UMass Lowell prohibits the use of alcoholic beverages in all workplace and academic settings and all university-controlled buildings and properties, except for UMass Lowell-sponsored events in designated areas, and only by those individuals of legal Massachusetts drinking age. In addition, while on university-controlled property, the unlawful manufacturing, distribution, dispensation, possession, use and/or sale of alcohol is strictly prohibited.

Any UMass Lowell-sponsored event that includes alcoholic beverages must be approved by the Chancellor or their designee.

Organizers of an event, who intend to offer alcoholic beverages on campus, must submit a request for approval to Hospitality and Event Services by using this form below. Once an event that intends to provide alcohol has been approved, the event sponsors must have assurance from the contracted catering service that all applicable licenses and/or any permits are in place prior to the event date. All costs associated with the procurement of a permit to provide alcohol beverages for a charge are the responsibility of the event sponsor.

Contact Information

Event/ Meeting Information

Type of Bar
For cash bars, Aramark must secure a city license. Such requests should be made at least four weeks prior to event”.