Promoting health and wellbeing is at the core of UMass Lowell research in public health.
UMass Lowell research in public health spans areas such as preventing diseases, promoting worker health and safety, helping people with autism, preventing falls in older adults and helping communities live more sustainably.
Research Project Examples
- Developing a dietary quality index predictive of bone health to prevent osteoporosis.
- Studying interventions that will protect worker health and safety for nurses aids and correctional officers.
- Identifying environmental triggers for health conditions such as asthma, helping with drug addiction mediation and prevention and workplace health.
- Reducing toxics used in manufacturing, promoting sustainable workplaces and communities.
- Promoting healthy aging that enables adults to grow old with dignity.
associated centers, labs & facilities