2022 Final Awards
Congratulations to UMass Lowell's 2022 DifferenceMaker $50K Idea Challenge Winners!
Prize categories and winners are as follows:
- Rist Campus-Wide DifferenceMaker (Sponsored by Kim and Brian Rist ’77, Manning School of Business)
- Commitment to a Sustainable Environment
- Jack M. Wilson First to Market (Sponsored by Jack Wilson, President Emeritus)
- Sutherland Innovative Technology Solution (Sponsored by Andrew Sutherland ‘94, Manning School of Business)
- Contribution to a Healthier Lifestyle
- Significant Social Impact
- Honorable Mentions
- Fan Favorite
Rist Campus-Wide DifferenceMaker (Sponsored by Kim and Brian Rist '77, Manning School of Business), $6,000 Rist
Amara - A social media platform with transparency and better algorithm.
- Brandon Conceicao
- Adam Iskandar, Senior, Biology
Commitment to a Sustainable Environment, $4,000 environment
ThermoEXA - Intelligent and personalized indoor temperature control through unique biometrics recognition.
- Ariel Pena-Martinez, Graduate, Computer Engineering
- Grissel Cervantes-Jaramillo
Jack. M. Wilson First Product to Market Award (Sponsored by Jack Wilson, President Emeritus), $4,000 market
Hoppers - A board game that fosters education, communication skills, and creativity for younger children.
- Abigail White, Junior, Biology
- Alyssa Kennedy, Junior, Biology
Sutherland Innovative Technology Solution (Sponsored by Andrew Sutherland '94, Manning School of Business), $4,000 innovative
Tendren - A wireless pulse oximeter combined with an ECG/blood pressure to track patients in the waiting room.
- Ethan Block, Junior, Biomedical Engineering
- Amie Russell, Junior, Biomedical Engineering
- Victoria Williams, Junior, Biomedical Engineering
Contribution to a Healthier Lifestyle, $4,000 healthy
PEAK Performance - A device that assesses/corrects rotational misalignments between the pelvis and spine.
- Evelyn Duffy, Freshmen, Biomedical Engineering and Business
- Mark Elman, Sophomore, Biomedical Engineering
- Steven Evangelos, Sophomore, Biomedical Engineering
- Matthew Martel, Junior, Exercise Science
Significant Social Impact, $4,000 significant
Minds with Purpose - A networking platform that unites people of different professions, areas, and styles.
- Sammy Santana, Sophomore, Liberal Arts
- Jeurys Santiago, Junior, Business
Honorable Mentions, $2,000 honorable
StockToMe - A stock opinion community where anybody can post an opinion about a stock.
- Matthew Allen, Sophomore, Business
- Matthew Kinash, Sophomore, Business Entrepreneurship
- Jackson Sterrett, Sophomore, Business
UMass Lowell Japanese Student Association - An organization dedicated to promoting Japanese culture.
- Mina Lam, Junior, Business
USuccess - A program to help individuals' financial situations through education.
- Kaitlyn Catron, Senior, Business
- Kyle Knapp, Senior, Business
- Anna Kouadio, Junior, Business
- Mikaela Murphy, Senior, Business
- Nyna Pendkar, Senior, Business
Vital Sensing Patch - All-in-one, affordable vitals monitoring device that can be used anywhere.
- Thang Do, Junior, Biomedical Engineering
- Haris Kum, Junior, Biomedical Engineering
- Wynn Wiggins, Alumni, Business Entrepreneurship
Fan Favorite, $1,000 fan
MetaLingual - Virtual Reality experience containing servers of various 6D 360 immersive environments that promotes language learning that offers a real life experience.
- Aiman Baig, Junior, Computer Science
- Nihal Chaudhary, Sophomore, Language Studies
- Haris Waqar, Senior, Electrical Engineering
- Isa Ahmed, Junior, Business - Accounting
- Samuel Lugo, Sophomore, Electrical Engineering
- Zuhair Shaikh, Junior, Computer Science