The Veteran's Fellowship is a prestigious award is given to top applicants who served our country in the military, have met standards and demonstrated academic and personal determination. The fellowship is a one-year award of $2,000 and will be applied over two semesters (not including summers) during the academic year.
All applicants who self-report their military status on the graduate application will be automatically considered for the fellowship. No additional application is required. We strongly encourage graduate applicants to apply earlier to increase their chance in receiving fellowships. Award recipients are required to confirm enrollment by paying the enrollment deposit before the given deadline to secure their awards.
- Must confirm enrollments by the given deadline.
- Must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must have served or still be serving as a United States Active Duty, Reserve or National Guard Member.
- Must enroll in a minimum of six on-campus graduate credits per semester.
- Must enroll in one of the eligible graduate programs listed below.
Note 1: If a student obtains other grant aid from the university, he or she will only receive the scholarship of higher value.
Note 2: This award will be administered in accordance with federal financial aid guidelines. If award is combined with other merit or need-based aid, the total cannot exceed the cost of education or the amount of defined need as applicable.
Terms and Conditions
By accepting the Veteran’s Graduate Fellowship award you agree to the following conditions:
- The award will be applied as a credit against tuition and fee charges, half of the award amount for the first semester and the remaining half of the award amount for the second semester during the first academic year of your master’s degree program. This award is non-renewable.
- You will register in a minimum of six graduate credits per semester and remain in good academic standing.
- Students who receive other tuition based awards, examples: NIOSH, NSF, or Fulbright scholarships, Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant appointments, and employee benefits, may have their awards cancelled.
- Room and board costs are not covered.
- You must register for your first semester classes as soon as possible. If you enroll in undergraduate courses as prerequisites, it is your responsibility to forward proof of the requirements by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This fellowship award will be administered according to Federal financial aid guidelines. If the Graduate Fellowship is combined with other merit-based or need-based aid, the total cannot exceed the cost of education or the amount of defined need as applicable.