This page includes administrative and fiscal policies for travel for current UMass Lowell (UML) faculty, staff and non-study abroad students. Study-abroad students should email:

All Travel Reimbursement questions should be addressed to UPST by email at: Please email any travel-related questions by email to:

Travel Registry

All UML business-related travel, domestic and international, must be registered in the Travel Registry.

Travel Registry Job Aids

Use these resources to help navigate the Travel Registry website.

Resources for International Travel

International Emergency Travel Insurance Coverage

UMass students, faculty and staff traveling abroad on university-related travel are covered by the International Emergency Travel Insurance Policy with ISOS purchased by the UMass system. This coverage is intended to provide the first line of service and protection to the university’s travelers for emergency or medically urgent situations abroad.

Please note that Emergency International Travel Insurance coverage provided by UMass does not cover evacuation or other accommodations due to disruption to travel plans resulting from a pandemic. Coverage does include medical expenses resulting from the treatment of COVID-19 but does not extend to losses for travel and accommodation expenses. Please see:

International Travel with UML-Issued Electronic Devices

Any UML faculty, staff or student who are traveling abroad, whether or not on university travel status, and will be accessing university data or regulated data, should email IT Information Security at with visiting country and travel dates no less than two weeks before travel.

Any UML faculty, staff or student who are traveling abroad, but not on university travel status, with any UML-issued electronic devices (laptop, tablet, mobile phone, etc.) should complete the Annual Certification DocuSign form found on Office of Research Integrity Travel web page prior to traveling.

Other Resources

Travel Collaborative

The Travel Collaborative is a dedicated team of owner operated seasoned travel professionals that are available to assist you in planning your travel needs.

For more information on the Travel Collaborative, visit the Travel Collaborative website.

Contact Information

  • Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST
  • UMass Dedicated Numbers: 855-497-8112 (toll free) and 617-497-8112
  • Emergency After Hours Service (Domestic & International): 203-800-4680