BM ’97 Performance Sound Recording Technology - UMass Lowell
"Mastering is all about bringing my clients’ music to its fullest sonic potential, and always respecting their artistic vision. I have been in the fortunate position of mastering recordings across many musical genres, maintaining the same philosophy of crafting my clients’ recordings to best serve their musical message. Be it rock, pop, metal, country or jazz, the concept is always the same: master to best convey my clients’ recordings to the listener."
A current resident of Portland, ME, Adam Ayan is a 1997 graduate of the University of Massachusetts at Lowell's Sound Recording Technology program. Adam started at Gateway Mastering & DVD as a production engineer in August 1998, and in August 2001 his mastering studio at Gateway was opened for business. Grammy Award, 3-time Latin Grammy Award, and TEC Award winning mastering engineer Adam’s diverse list of mastering credits includes projects for such artists as Madonna, the Foo Fighters, Sarah McLachlan, Faith Hill, Pearl Jam, Keith Urban, the Rolling Stones, Nirvana, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, and Incubus, to name a few. Adam has mastered several Grammy Award winning recordings (in the double digits), and has over 80 Gold, Platinum or Multi-Platinum projects to his credit to date.
Adam’s credits include:
- 2006 Grammy - Best Historical Album The Complete Library of Congress Recordings (Jelly Roll Morton) by Alan Lomax
- 2007 Latin Grammy (2) - Best Engineered Album and Album of the Year for La Llave De Mi Corazon by Juan Luis Guerra
- 2008 Grammy Nomination - Album of the Year These Days by Vince Gill
- 2009 TEC Award - Surround Sound recording Live at Wembly Stadium by The Foo Fighters
- 2010 Latin Grammy - Album of the Year A Son de Guerra by Juan Luis Guerra
Adam has also been nominated for several other TEC Awards, including nominations for his mastering work on projects for Nine Inch Nails, The Barenaked Ladies, Dream Theater, and Rascal Flatts.