Senior Ensemble: Auditions dates are January 8 and 9, 2018.
The UMass Lowell New England Youth Wind Ensemble brings together 60-70 high school students from the community with college students from the UMass Lowell Department of Music.The New England Youth Wind Ensemble is open to all New England high school and home schooled students in grades 9 - 12. This type of honor's band /wind ensemble provides a unique opportunity for all students. If you have had the opportunity to perform in junior district, districts, or the like, this is for you! Each musician is challenged with significant responsibilities. The ensemble meets on Monday evenings from 6:45 to 9 p.m. in the Durgin Concert Hall at UMass Lowell. The ensemble begins January 15 and rehearses through April, with an evening concert May 4, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
Enrollment will remain open until January 22, 2018.
- First Rehearsal:Monday, January 15, 2018 (MLK day)
- Application for NEYWE Sr. (online registration)
- Refer a Friend! Receive a $25 discount per friend referred. See the Application page for details!
- Make a Donation - under "Other" make sure to specify New England Youth Wind Ensembles.
SENIOR ENSEMBLE CONCERT
Wednesday May 4, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Durgin Concert Hall
- On May 4, 2018 students should arrive at 6:20 p.m., set up and tune. Sound check will follow with some rehearsal until 7:05 p.m. Concert starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Concert Dress: Ladies - all black. Gents - black jacket & pants, black tie, black socks and shoes. White shirt. If you have a tux, please wear it.
Snow and Incelement Weather
Our snow/inclement weather line is 978-934-2121. Rehearsal would be cancelled ONLY if UMass Lowell does not have school. Listen to WBZ radio (1030 AM) or T.V. channels: 4 (WBZ), 5 (WCVB), 7 (WHDH) or check the university's main website.
2018 Rehearsal Schedule
Mondays: 6:45 to 9 p.m., January 15 - April 23
Note: our Dress Rehearsal is Monday, April 30
(We will not rehearse on President's Day in February)
Location: UMass Lowell Concert Hall (or room 113 one or two nights)
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact: Director, Deb Huber at 978-934-4133.
Get more information about Symphonic Band Camp