Contact: Deb Huber, Music Director, email: Debranicole_Huber@uml.edu
Enroll: To enroll please visit the NEYWE Honor's Band Website
Rehearsals: Mondays 6:50-9 p.m. at Durgin Concert Hall
Starts: Monday January 17, 2022
The New England Youth Wind Ensemble is open to high school and home schooled students in grades 9 - 12. This honor's band / wind ensemble provides the region’s finest woodwind, brass and percussion students the opportunity to perform traditional and contemporary repertoire with other like-minded musicians.
If you have performed in junior districts, districts, or the like, this is for you! Each musician is challenged with significant responsibilities and the growth in each individual's musical skills and development is tremendous. Our university band musicians bring their expertise as music mentors and section coaches and perform right alongside our participants.
Weekly rehearsal commitment: Mondays 6:50-9 p.m., January through April.
SENIOR ENSEMBLE CONCERT 2022:
Friday April 29, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. at Durgin Concert Hall
- On April 29, 2022 students should arrive early for warm-up (approx. 6 p.m. or later). Specific Information (concert dress) and exact times are provided at rehearsals.
- Sound check and a brief rehearsal will follow until 7:05 p.m.
- Guests may enter the hall after 7:05 p.m. for our 7:30 p.m. concert.
Snow and Inclement Weather, Power Outages:
- Our snow / inclement weather phone line is 978-934-2121. Rehearsal would be cancelled only if UMass Lowell does not have school.
Enrollment AND OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
- Enrollment will remain open through February 15
- Application for NEYWE Sr.: Online Registration
- Refer a Friend! Receive a $25 discount per friend referred. See the Application page for details!
- Make a Donation - under "Other" please make sure to specify New England Youth Wind Ensembles.
Lowell Cultural Council Grant 2020
NEYWE was grateful to receive a 2020 grant for Lowell student musicians to participate in NEYWE from The Lowell Cultural Council (LCC), whose mission is to promote excellence, access, education and diversity in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in order to improve the quality of life for all Lowell residents and to contribute to the economic vitality of this community through the re-granting of public monies awarded to the LCC by the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC). We thank them for their support.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact: Director, Deb Huber by email: Deb_Huber@uml.edu or phone: 978-934-4133.