August 21-26, 2017 (Monday - Saturday)
Band camp is crucial for all members of the the UMass Lowell Marching Band. We hold a brief camp, at which three-quarters of the show, both visual and music, is taught. With several early season performances, it is important that every member make every effort to be at camp (it is mandatory for freshmen/new students/transfers).
Our first performance is Monday September 4, Labor Day Parade in Marlboro, Mass., followed by Tuesday September 5 Convocation (Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell) with rehearsals beginning Wednesday September 6 at 6 p.m in Durgin Concert Hall.
Check your email. Changes and details will be most accurate in materials sent out. However, for perspective, here is our general schedule:
- Freshman, new members, and transfers report to the lobby of Concordia Hall, South Campus, Monday morning. Check in is at 8:15 a.m. Student staff members will be there to assist you.
- Vets: head to uniform room in Durgin (8 - 8:25 a.m.) pick up uniform, then head to dorm.
All returning members should arrive at Concordia Hall at 8:30 a.m. All members will be housed in the dorms. The first meeting of all members will be held in the Durgin Concert Hall at 9:15 a.m. Please come prepared with instrument, small notebook, and pencil, as we will begin rehearsal shortly thereafter.
Band camp ends on Saturday at 3:30/4 p.m.
- If you own the instrument you intend to play, please bring it with you.
- If you do not own your own instrument, one will be provided by the band, if available.
- Percussionists, be prepared with sticks/mallets; sax players, reeds, guard, gloves, if you use them.
- The camp is free for members - meals are provided.
- All students will need to have a marching band polo shirt (for parades). Cost is $10 (vets, no need to re-buy).
- Students are housed on campus in Concordia Hall (South) for the camp.
- Housing (bed) is provided. Bring sheets, pillows, fan, alarm clock, etc.
- Dress comfortably, and plan on both rainy and hot weather.
- Must have either Sneakers/track shoes/marching shoes for rehearsals.