August 16-20, 2016 (Tuesday - Saturday)
Band camp is crucial for all members of the the UMass Lowell Marching Band. We hold a four-and-a-half day camp, at which three-quarters of the show, both visual and music, is taught. With several early season performances, it is important that every member make every effort to be at camp (it is mandatory for freshmen/new students/transfers).
Our first performance is Wednesday August 31, Convocation (Tsongas Center) with rehearsal that evening at 6 p.m., followed by our annual Monday, September 5 Labor Day Parade (meet at Durgin Hall Loading Dock, South Campus).
Our first rehearsal is Wed. August 31, at 6 p.m. and then once school begins is Friday, September 2, 2016, at 5:30 p.m. in the Concert Hall of Durgin Hall.
Freshman, new members, and transfers report to the lobby of Concordia Hall, South Campus, Tuesday morning. Check in is at 8:15 a.m. Student staff members will be there to assist you.
Vets: head to uniform room in Durgin (8 - 8:25 a.m.) pick up uniform, then head to dorm.
All returning members should arrive at Concordia Hall at 8:30 a.m. All members will be housed in the dorms. The first meeting of all members will be held in the Durgin Concert Hall at 9:15 a.m. Please come prepared with instrument, small notebook, and pencil, as we will begin rehearsal shortly thereafter.
Band camp ends on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
- If you own the instrument you intend to play, please bring it with you.
- If you do not own your own instrument, one will be provided by the band, if available.
- Percussionists, be prepared with sticks/mallets; sax players, reeds, guard, gloves, if you use them.
- The camp is free - meals are provided.
- Students are housed on campus in Concordia Hall (South) for the camp.
- Housing (bed) is provided. Bring sheets, pillows, alarm clock, etc.
- Dress comfortably, and plan on both rainy and hot weather.