Development Economics, Financial Economics, Labor Economics
- Ph.D: Economics, University of Illinois, 2000
- M.S.: Economics, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, 1994
- B.S.S.; Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1986
After earning his Ph.D., Shakil Quayes taught at Arizona State University, Georgia Southern University, Southeastern Louisiana University, and the Rochester Institute of Technology. He also worked for the Australia New Zealand Bank for a period of three years prior while pursuing his graduate studies. He has published 36 journal articles, and has presented research papers 36 national and international conferences.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Donohue Humanities Ethics Fellow, University of Massachusetts Lowell, September 2019 - August 2022
- Visiting Research Fellow, Institute of Inclusive Finance and Development, Bangladesh, summer 2009
- Quayes, Shakil. 2015. Outreach and Performance of Microfinance Institutions: A Panel Analysis. Applied Economics, 47(18): 1909-1925.
- Quayes, Shakil. 2012. Depth of Outreach and Financial Sustainability of Microfinance Institutions. Applied Economics 44 (25-27):3421-3433.