Undergraduate Professional Co-op
Undergraduates in Civil & Environmental Engineering may apply to participate in UMass Lowell’s Professional Co-op Program. The Co-op program provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to integrate periods of full-time, meaningful work experience in between relevant CEE coursework.
What Is a Professional Co-op?
- A structured, selective, voluntary program for students who are in good academic standing
- A three-phase academic program coordinated and supervised by Co-op Staff, in full partnership with CEE faculty. All three phases are required
- CEE students may apply to the program as soon as their sophomore year
- Students go out on a six-month, full-time co-op either July-December after their sophomore year OR January-June after their first-semester Junior year (depending on track)
- CEE students successfully completing the full Professional Co-op Cycle may substitute the full cycle for one Professional Elective