UMass Lowell Image

Intercollegiate Transfer to the College of Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences

Students wishing to transfer from another college of the University or from baccalaureate continuing education programs of the evening school must file an academic petition, together with a transcript, with the appropriate chairperson and  the Dean of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences by November 1 for spring semester transfer and by April 1 for fall semester transfer. Students are referred to University policies concerning intercollegiate transfers, which appear elsewhere in this publication under the heading Academic Policies: Change of Major with Intercollegiate Transfer for further procedural details. Records of students who are approved for transfer are reviewed by the Office of the Deans of the College of Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences and, irrespective of grades previously received in other college programs, all courses that may not be applied to college or program requirements are deleted from the student’s cumulative grade-point average.