The University of Massachusetts Lowell is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). The university has recently submitted our Interim (Fifth-Year) Report. UMass Lowell was formerly accredited by the New England Associated of Schools and Colleges. Since the university's last review, NEASC has reorganized according to U.S. Department of Education specifications; colleges and universities in New England are now accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education.
Visit the Provost’s Office website for more information about UMass Lowell’s Institutional Accreditation.
Professional programs, as designated below, also have been accredited by appropriate national associations. Accreditation indicates that the University is recognized and approved by regional and national associations concerned with the quality of higher education and it assures that study undertaken here has transfer value to other accredited institutions of higher education.
For more information, contact Accreditation Liaison Officer Julie Nash at 978-934-4191.
- Baccalaureate degree programs in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering (Nuclear Engineering Option) Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Plastics Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), http://www.abet.org.
- The Baccalaureate degree programs in Electronic Engineering Technology and Mechanical Engineering Technology are accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, the Master of Business Administration, the Master of Science in Accounting, the Master of Science in Business Analytics, the Master of Science in Entrepreneurship, the Master of Science in Finance, and the Ph.D. in Business Administration are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International
- The Work Environment Master of Science degree in Occupational and Environmental Hygiene is accredited by the Applied Science Accreditation Commission (ASAC) of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- The Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- The Baccalaureate programs in Art and Design are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- The Baccalaureate program in Clinical Laboratory Sciences: Medical Technology option is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACL)
- The Baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in Music are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- The Baccalaureate, master's and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs in Nursing at University of Massachusetts Lowell Solomont School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- The Baccalaureate program in Environmental Health is accredited by the national Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC)
- The Master of Science degree in Medical Physics, the doctoral program in Radiological Sciences-Medical Physics Option, and the doctoral program in Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology, Medical Physics Option are accredited by the Medical Physics Commission for Medical Physics Educational Programs (CAMPEP)
- The Bachelor of Science in Radiological Health Physics and the Master of Science program in Radiological Sciences and Protection are accredited by ABET Applied Science Accreditation Commission (ASAC)
The University is a member of the following associations of higher education:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Council on Education
- American Society of Allied Health Professions
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- College Entrance Examination Board
- Council of Colleges of Arts and Sciences
- Massachusetts Association of Colleges of Nursing
- National Association of Summer Sessions
- National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- National University Continuing Education Association
- New England Board of Higher Education
- North East Consortium of Colleges and Universities in Massachusetts