Any faculty/staff member whose job requires use of a personal vehicle for service-related functions across campus may apply for a Service Vehicle permit, which allows them to park in a Service Vehicle space*. This is NOT for any faculty/staff member who travels between campuses.
*Effective Fall 2015, faculty/staff with a valid Service Vehicle permit will be limited to 60 minutes in a Service Vehicle space.
- Any approved Service Vehicle must display the hang-tag issued to that vehicle in the rear-view mirror for Parking Ambassadors to clearly see.
- If you use more than one vehicle you must have a hang-tag for each vehicle. Each vehicle must also have a valid and current UMass Lowell parking decal.
- Service Vehicle hang-tags are to be used only when performing official service-related functions and may not be used for long-term parking. Abuse of this privilege will result in the permanent revoking of the Service Vehicle hang-tag(s).
- Service Vehicle hang-tags allow drivers to park in any Service Vehicle parking space while performing service functions.
- If a Service Vehicle space is not available, a driver may park in any legal, non-designated parking space.
- Service Vehicle hang-tags do not permit drivers to park illegally on city streets such as Standish, University, or Pawtucket.
Service Vehicle Parking Locations:
|South Dining||South||Loading Dock*|
*Parking in loading docks is prohibited and for use of loading and unloading only. Hazard lights should be used when stopped in loading docks and areas.
Application and Approval Process:
- E-mail the UCard, Access and Parking Services (UCAPS) office at UCAPS@uml.edu with the subject "Service Vehicle Request" and the following information:
- Full name
- Department name and location
- Job title
- Vehicle license plate numbers(s) and state(s)
- Succinct description of your job function that requires the use of Service Vehicle spaces.
- Your request will be reviewed by the UCAPS office staff, contacting the head of your department if needed.
- If approved, your hang-tag(s) will be sent to you via inter-office mail at the location you specified in the e-mail.