Skip to Main Content
Exterior of Umass Lowell Solution Center, group of students getting assistance at desk and computers from Solution Center members.

Student Employment Forms

Before any student is authorized to work, he/she must complete and submit the following forms as part of the New Hire Packet. Here is an explanation of the forms included:

  • Student Employment Terms & Condition Form - verifies that a student understands and agrees to the terms & conditions of student employment.
  • W-4 (Federal Tax Withholding Form) - determines how much tax is withheld from an employee's paycheck each pay period. For advice on withholding status, please consult a family member or a tax advisor. University representatives are prohibited form providing students advice on tax issues.
  • 70/30 Withholding Form - allows a student employee to have 70% of their earnings paid directly toward their student account.
  • Direct Deposit Form - allows a student employee to have paychecks automatically deposited to his/her bank account. Because the university is no longer printing paper paychecks, students are strongly encouraged to participate in direct deposit to ensure timely payment of earnings.

Please note: An I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification Form) is also required, but must be completed and returned in person, along with the required original forms of identification, directly to the Student Employment Office at University Crossing.

All new hire documents must be received 2 weeks prior to a student employee's actual hire date. Once ALL required documents are received by the Student Employment Office and Payroll, the timeline for processing is 5-7 working days, if the forms are complete & accurate. Supervisors are not authorized to hire students until the student's paperwork is processed.

Student Employment Forms

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the pdf files. It can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website.