The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA)'s River Hawk Rising (RHR) 360 welcomes you to a community designed to help you form lifelong connections and to tap into the many opportunities and resources here on campus. RHR-360 partners with you to develop your individualized pathway to success while providing the tools and support each year to help you achieve your goals and feel confident in your pursuits. Students can select to join a specific cohort and engage in the benefits of the program with peers who share similar interests, identities, etc.
How the program works:
- Sign up to join River Hawk Rising Scholars.
- Register as a new UMass Lowell students to OMA's Fall or Spring Student Success Summit
- Engage with your peer coach or mentor to jump-start and learn about campus opportunities
- Meet with your OMA staff coach to map your academic and pre-professional goals while keeping a strong rhythm and balance of time, energy, and self-motivation at the forefront.
- Attend workshops tailored for each class-year that support your individual wellbeing and health here at UML (e.g. financial wellness & independence, time management, finding the balance between school/work/family & friends, etc.)
Benefits of River Hawk Rising 360 or Why Should I Do This?
- Personalized and individual resources dedicated to helping you thrive at UMass Lowell
- Develop and expand your campus connection points and support systems
- Ensure that while you remain busy, you maintain a healthy and balanced outlook by effectively managing your time and stress well
- Strengthen and develop confidence through academic and professional preparedness, coaching and practice
- Learn career-building strategies and techniques as you start at UML while progressively building upon your 'toolbox for success'
Who is this program for?
RHR-360 is open and FREE to all new & current UMass Lowell students. Active participation drives the greatest benefit and specific cohorts that students can select into include:
- College Access (Bottom Line, Let's Get Ready, DC-CAP, etc.)
- International Students
- LGBTQ+ Students
- Multicultural & Transfer Students
- River Hawk Scholars Academy: First-generation students