Faculty Notification Process
- Each semester, registered students must complete a Faculty Notification Form (pdf) to request accommodations.
- Our office will only accept completed forms one week before the first day of class.
- Forms can be sent electronically to our office by emailing Disability@uml.edu or students can complete a hard copy of the form and leave in the locked box at the Wellness Center Reception.
- It is very important that forms include all required information,and that First and Last Names of each faculty member and corresponding class numbers of each class as specified on the form are included.
- Once the Faculty Notification Form is received by the SDS Office, a Faculty Notification Letter will be processed and sent electronically to all faculty listed on the form with a copy also sent to the student.
- To receive accommodations, students must follow up with their professors during faculty office hours to discuss the details of their accommodations.
- It is at the student's discretion to disclose their disability to their professors.
- Accommodations requested after the first week of the semester will take a couple of days to process and faculty will need a minimum of one week's notification to implement accommodations.
- Students who experience any difficulty in accessing their accommodations must notify Student Disability Services Office as soon as possible.
- This process needs to be repeated every semester to ensure that accommodations are received.
- Accommodations are not retroactive. They start from the time the faculty is notified with an appropriate letter of accommodations.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.