Instructions for Faculty to Sign Accommodation Letters
- You will receive an email stating that an accommodation letter has been created for a student in your class. The email will provide you with the student name and course information.
- To view and sign the letter, please log into Accommodate by following the link in the email.
- If you are not logged in automatically, use your UMass Lowell email address and password for login information.
- Once logged in, select “Accommodation Letters”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to see a list of all accommodation letters for the semester. Find the student who has submitted the request and click the edit button (paper with a pencil).
- Review the approved accommodations and then type your name in the signature box. Some accommodations may refer you to the "Resources" tab, where you can find more information about what the accommodation is and how to provide it. When completed, click Save.
- Optional: you have the ability to print these accommodation letters or save them as PDFs using the available buttons if you prefer to store them outside of the system.
- You’re done! You will receive a confirmation email that you have signed the accommodation letter.
You can now view your entire class roster to see who in your class has accommodations.
- Click on the “Courses” tab.
- Click the course you are interested in seeing.
- Click “Enrolled Students”.
- View your entire class roster. The last two columns on the right will indicate if someone needs a note taker and what accommodations they have been approved for.
- Accommodation information will only show up if a student has requested their semester letters.