The experiences listed below are pre-approved for the Distinction in Entrepreneurship and can be completed at any time after you have signed up for the River Hawk Experience Distinction (RHED) program.
- Idea Challenge: Apply to and submit the Idea Plan to the Idea Challenge and present it to the DifferenceMaker board.
- DifferenceMaker Workshops: Attend and participate in a minimum of 3 spring semester workshops.
- DifferenceMaker Boot camp: Attend and participate in all summer Boot Camp sessions.
- DifferenceMaker Hawkathon: Attend and participate in a 24-hour Hawkathon.
- College-based competition: Apply to and submit an executive summary to one college-based entrepreneurship competition AND present it to the DifferenceMaker board.
- Co-op / Internship: Work a minimum of 1 semester with one of the following: DifferenceMaker, Innovation Hub, New Venture Development, Office of Technology Commercialization or Massachusetts Medical Device Development (M2D2) Center.
- Global DifferenceMaker: Apply to and participate in the Global DifferenceMaker program.
- 'Idea Showcase' a Product-ive Experience for Business Students: Group project and showcase in Asst. Prof. Denise Dunlap's New Product Development course.
- Class Project: An individual or group project specifically related to the Distinction completed during a UMass Lowell class ( that is NOT being used as a course requirement for the Distinction).
- Faculty-led Thesis Research: Complete your project/paper/experience as part of a team, with a partner, or as a solo endeavor with the support of your mentor or faculty member.
Option: Students may propose a custom-designed experience
- Submitted by student to reflect their individual experiences
- Must meet at least half of the Distinction's learning outcomes
- Individual request approval is managed by the RHED committee members