To forge and maintain effective community partnerships, promote community-engaged research, and serve as a catalyst for applying the University's resources and expertise to enhance the well-being of communities.
A sustainable system of interconnections between the faculty and students of UMass Lowell and needs and assets of communities that will significantly enhance our university and out communities.
The Center for Community Research and Engagement (CCRE) is:
- A vibrant community of engaged faculty and staff from across all colleges
- Advised by a group of faculty and community leaders
- An avenue to offer feedback to each other to hone our engaged scholarship, community connections and knowledge to increase each other’s understanding of real problems to solve in partnership
- The “go to” entity for technical assistance with community partnerships
- Continues to acquire relevant funding to support work done in partnership with community and governmental agencies
- Cultivates and coordinates UMass Lowell relationships with such agencies to streamline communications, coalesce teams, and assist others in successfully navigating each other’s cultures