Applications for Fall 2023 will be considered starting in October 2022.
The international business concentration will prepare scholars who have interests in the theory, research and practice of management with a cross-border or cross-cultural dimension. Given the trend of globalization and the importance of emerging economies, international business has become one of the fastest-growing areas of interest by both academic researchers and practitioners.
For the latest course information please visit the UMass Lowell online Graduate Catalog.
Five Required Foundation Courses (Common to All Ph.D. Concentrations)
- MGMT.7300 Research Design Methods I
- ECON.7310 Statistics
- ECON.7330 Econometrics I
- ECON.7300 Microeconomic Theory
- Managerial Research Seminar (non-credit)
Two Required Advanced Research Design/Methods Courses
- MGMT.7330 Research Design Methods II
- ECON.7340 Econometrics II OR
- MIST.7370 Multivariate Statistical Methods OR
- Qualitative Research Methods (coordinator approval required)
Six concentration courses
- MGMT.7600 International Business Research
- MKTG.7400 International Marketing Research
- FINA.7830 Research in International Finance
- MGMT.7610 International Management Research
- MGMT.7620 International Business Research Methods
- One approved Doctoral level elective
- And complete all dissertation credits and requirements