Master of Science in Accounting
At the graduate level, we offer a Master of Science in Accounting. Our degree programs, along with all others offered within the Manning School of Business, are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The AACSB is the premier organization monitoring institutions that offer business education in the U.S. and abroad, and our association with this prestigious organization reflects a commitment by UMass Lowell, the Manning School of Business and the Department of Accounting to excellence and the continuous improvement of our programs.
Business Analytics Option
The value of data analytics is being applied in all areas of business, and the field of accounting is no exception. Students completing the Business Analytics Option will learn to identify situations where data can be used to answer complex business and accounting questions, shape corporate strategy, forecast financial trends, and thwart fraud. Accountants are used to dealing with data for budgeting, planning, data management, and auditing.
- Students will understand how structured and unstructured data is collected, created, and stored;
- Students will understand how it can be accessed and manipulated for descriptive analytics; diagnostic analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics;
- Student can apply various analytics tools to answer complex business questions, including identifying and evaluating relevant associations, relationships, and outliers of accounting-related data.
International Business Option
As evidenced by the Department of Accounting’s accreditation by the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), the Manning School of Business is committed to preparing students for the global economy. ACCA is internationally recognized. Accountancy is one of those professions where positions all around the world are freely available. So many people take the opportunity to visit and work in new countries.
- Students completing the International Business Option can expect to improve their understanding of the intricacies of operating in the global marketplace; and
- Increase their sensitivities to cultural differences and how they impact business relationships; and identify implications to accounting of globalization.
Corporate Accounting Leadership Option
Students entering the industry as accounting professionals will have many responsibilities that are different from those entering into public accounting;
- Students completing the Corporate Accounting Leadership Option can expect to improve their understanding of the challenges faced by organizations and the role of accountants in meeting those challenges;
- Students can expect to improve their understanding on how to collaborate with others and inspire teams to achieve organizational goals;
- Students can expect to understand the various measures of reporting of organizational performance in compliance with relevant standards and regulations including the management of technology and data analytics